Friday, March 7, 2008

Training For IRON GIRL!!

So I have signed up for a sprint triathlon! It is called the Iron Girl and it is on April 12th out at Lake Las Vegas. A sprint triathlon is a about half of everything you would do in a normal triathlon. So it is about a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3 mile run, in that order. My sister Natalie and Nate's wife Sarah are doing it with me! I am pretty excited about it but a little nervous as well. The swim is in Lake Mead and it is going to be pretty cold so I will be wearing a wet suit. Hopefully I won't freeze to death! My goal with the swim is to not sustain any injuries, I have heard that people can get crazy at the start and I can totally see myself getting kicked in the face within the first two minutes of this thing! So I am going to try and not let that happen. I have been taking spin classes at the gym, which has been really fun actually, to prepare for the biking part and I am borrowing a road bike that I plan to start training on within the next week. And as for the run, I just hope I have enough energy to make it to the finish line! Just after the race is over Nat, Sarah and I have foot massages and pedicures scheduled at the spa! I totally think we deserve it. So I should have lots of pictures coming soon from the Iron Girl. Wish me luck!-Carrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow carrie! good luck. if anyone can do it, you can.:) i don't think i could ever do the swimming part. can't wait to hear about it!

Jacob and Lindsay Burt said...

I think that is so neat! You guys will do great I know. I wish I could do that, except I am sure I wouldn't get very far! Have fun!

The Jorgensen's said...

I'm sure you'll do a great job. You'll have to post pic's of before the pedicure and after!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Wow, that sounds intense! I hope you do well & enjoy your pedicure afterwards which by the way is a very smart move! Soo Eric comes home in about 3 months, that is so exciting. I know Jill can't wait :)

The Ringer Family said...

I'm glad you can do that because I totally can't. That just SOUNDS exhausting. Good luck though, let us know how it goes!